Your Contract, Your Risk: A Course On How To Manage Construction Contracts To Better Secure Project Success
COST: $375 (incl GST) PER PERSON ($325 (incl GST) PER PERSON IF THREE OR MORE FROM ONE COMPANY)
Mid-session food and drinks provided
A course on how to manage construction contracts to better secure project success.
The difference between the success or failure of a construction project often depends on how the underlying contract was tendered, negotiated, interpreted, implemented and administered.
This half day course will deal with common issues which arise in the formation and administration of construction contracts which can lead to disputes and put the success of a project at risk.
The course will provide a practical approach to the identification and management of contract risk and risk mitigation strategies to assist construction practitioners to better secure project success.
What topics will be covered in the course?
Some of the key topics covered by the course will include:
- Main causes of construction disputes and project failure
- Why standard form contracts are proposed and then amended
- How to better read, interpret, negotiate and apply common construction contracts and clauses
- Practical and contractual steps to better deal with typical issues such as scope creep; variations, latent conditions, delays, non – performance; defects and retention; claims, time bars, disputes and defects
- What will the new reform proposals and changes to building laws in NSW mean for the delivery of construction projects?
- What changes are required to construction contracts as a result of the new SOPA reform?
- How to make contract claims and clauses work for you
- How to manage a dispute and get a better than expected outcome when disputes arise
Who could benefit from the course?
- Project Directors
- Contract Managers and Administrators
- Project Managers
- Site Managers
- Site supervisors
- Contractors and sub-contractors
This course meets the Fair Trading criteria for eligibility for licensed contractors, CPD points at 1 point per hour. A CPD Statement will be provided to each participant that completes the seminar upon request.
Please plan arrival for 9 AM start.
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE.
Book Your Place Now