Be Prepared: How the new ABCC and Building Code will impact the construction industry
How will the operation of the new ABCC and Building Code impact on the building and construction industry? There are surprising ways in which these changes will affect your business.
This seminar is especially relevant to subcontractors, principals, developers and consultants operating on, or looking to operate large-scale on federal government construction and infrastructure projects (even where not directly Federally funded). The legislation will also impact on a wider range of participants than is immediately obvious from the descriptions provided so far by the government.
Presented jointly by Danny King of Danny King Legal, who was listed on the Doyles List as a leading employment and industrial relations lawyer and Kreisson, recently named by the Legal 500 as a leading building and construction law firm, this seminar will provide a comprehensive overview of the impact of the new legislation including the following topics:
- How it will impact on subcontractors;
- The potential for developers to be forced to comply;
- What type of building and construction work attracts compliance;
- How it may be a case of “once in always in”;
- What principals may require of their subcontractors and consultants to comply;
- The increased importance of employment compliance; and
- Negotiating with unions under the new framework.
Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to prepare your business for the future.
Numbers are limited so please register early.