The Security of Payment Act: A Course On How The New Changes Will Affect Your Business
COST: $375 (incl GST) PER PERSON ($325 (incl GST) PER PERSON IF THREE OR MORE FROM ONE COMPANY)
Mid-session food and drinks provided
A course on how the new changes will affect your business.
If you are a contract administrator, project manager, developer, builder or subcontractor in the building and construction industry, don’t miss this unique opportunity to gain a better understanding of how the upcoming changes to the Security of Payment legislation effective 21 October 2019 will work.
The course will focus on the following topics:
- A SOPA Refresher
- What are the key Amendments to the Act?
- How are claims to be made and defended under the Reforms?
- What you need to do to get your contracts ready
- What new contract administration processes are required?
- How the Act will change your business
- What new risks will Directors face?
- The latest on the Proposed deemed Statutory Trust
The presenters will include highly experienced lawyers who have been involved in advising and litigating on Security of Payment matters since the legislation was introduced in 2001.
This course meets the Fair Trading criteria for eligibility for licensed contractors, CPD points at 1 point per hour.
A CPD Statement will be provided to each participant that completes the course upon request.
Please plan arrival for 9 AM start.
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE.
Book Your Place Now