Peter is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer who primarily practices in general commercial law with a specific emphasis on debt recovery under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW), probate and construction law.
Prior to joining Kreisson, Peter worked at the Crown Solicitors Office and in private practice, where he briefed Counsel to appear on several matters of national interest including an application to suspend protected industrial action by employees of Sydney Trains. Peter’s extensive commercial law background compliments the dedicated team of building and engineering law experts at Kreisson to provide quality legal advice and litigation services to a number of larger corporates.
Peter regularly publishes articles on recent amendments to or advancements in the areas of law in which he practices.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University.
Some recent highlights of Peter’s work include:
- Preparing payment schedules and adjudication applications/responses in accordance with the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW);
- Applying for grants of probate or letters of administration on behalf of executors of an estate in New South Wales;
- Instructing solicitors in the European Union to act on behalf of executors of an estate with respect to the realisation of foreign assets;
- Reviewing and advising subcontractors on risks contained within subcontract agreements;
- Appearing on behalf of corporates in Courts and Tribunals at every level in New South Wales.
His practice areas are:
- Construction and engineering
- Dispute Resolution
- Debt Recovery
- General commercial law