Emilee is a construction and commercial lawyer. She draws on broad experience advising and negotiating construction, property-acquisition and commercial contracts. Emilee has worked closely with top-tier developers, builders, subcontractors and requisite suppliers within various aspects of project delivery.
Emilee also has significant experience in commercial and construction litigation and has a particular focus on large-scale and complex litigation matters. Emilee has acted on several matters in the Supreme Court, District Court and Local Court of New South Wales. She has also acted on matters interstate.
Emilee is a trained mediator with the Resolution Institute and applies those skills to obtain positive client-focused outcomes.
- Acting for builder in termination of construction contract with the principal where the contract exceeded $10million.
- Acting for a large real estate company marketing one of Australia’s largest residential property developer’s units in Supreme Court proceedings claiming, amongst other things, that commissions were paid in contravention of the Property and Stock Agents Act
- Assisting in the management of a large and complex multi-party dispute in the Supreme Court claiming in excess of $200million in relief. This involved closely advising the director, CFO and general counsel of one of Australia’s largest residential property developers.
- Regularly advising an NSX-listed group of companies in relation to commercial and property-acquisition contracts and acting for related entities where disputes arose from their development activities.
- Advising the lessee of a large industrial premises in a claim made against it for breach of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct against the company director and successfully obtaining a settlement outcome.
- Acting for a developer in the purchase and development of an over 50’s Lifestyle Resort on Golf Course in New South Wales, including the resolution of disputes between contracting parties and third party sub-contractors.
- Assisted with matters relating to urgent injunctive relief against a national Australian broadcasting corporation.
- Acting for an Australian bakery franchise in the drafting of contracts, including media contracts with a national broadcasting corporation.
- Assisting with the sale of a high value commercial property in Auckland City, New Zealand where the contract price was over $70million.
Emilee’s Areas of Practice are:
- Building, Construction and Engineering Law
- Property Law
- Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Debt Recovery
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency