Catherine Lucas LLB, University of Technology SydneySenior Associate
Catherine predominantly practices in Building and Construction Litigation, with a focus on providing strategic advice to clients for dispute resolution.
Catherine has extensive experience in the application of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (SOPA) and managing adjudication applications and responses and associated litigation.
During her career, Catherine has been involved in a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters in the commercial and residential sectors for builders, owners, developers, subcontractors, building designers and consultants. Catherine is a pragmatic, commercially minded and solution driven in her approach to all matters.
In addition to a primary focus on Building and Construction litigation, Catherine has diverse experience in a variety of fields including insolvency, dispute resolution, debt recovery, Commercial Contracts, Building and Construction, Administrative law, Commercial Due Diligence, Conveyancing Management, Adjudications and OHS Prosecutions.
- Acting for various building companies involved in construction disputes in NSW ;
- Advising and acting for principals, contractors and subcontractors in respect of complex Owners Corporation defect claims, residential, commercial work such as shopping centres, schools and clubs;
- Defence of Workcover prosecutions for industrial accidents involving fatalities;
- Insolvency and bankruptcy;
- Appearing at interlocutory and final hearings in the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Civil and Administrative Tribunal, and the Court of Appeal;
- Advising and acting for subcontractors in NSW, QLD, WA and ACT to recover payments pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (and equivalent legislation).