Matthew is an Associate with experience in the practice areas of building and construction, complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution as well as the Personal Property Securities Act.
Matthew has acted for a variety of construction companies, financial institutions, corporations, insolvency practitioners and high net worth individuals in all jurisdictions in Australia. He is a strong negotiator in all forms of alternative dispute resolution including formal and informal negotiations, mediations and expert determinations.
Highlights of Matthew’s work to date include:
- Advising a property development company in a complex construction dispute, where the total quantum of the dispute against the developer exceeded $5million and included issues such as defective works, latent conditions and liquidated damages;
- Appearing at interlocutory and final hearings in a number of forums and jurisdictions;
- Advising and acting for principals, contractors and subcontractors on rights and obligations under the Security of Payment legislation;
- Acting on behalf of a large corporation with over 200 stakeholders in a commercial dispute involving a proposed easement and the loss of amenity;
- Drafting of and advising on complex head contracts, subcontracts, bespoke construction contracts and other commercial contracts; and
- Advising Owners Corporations on defect claims, delay and liquidated damages.
Matthew is a member of the Law Society of NSW and is currently undertaking his Master of Laws at Sydney University.